The Nielsen firm says 33.Eight million folks watched Biden’s inauguration between 10 a.m. and four p.m. Wednesday.
NEW YORK — The primary inaugurations of Presidents Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama have been the one ones to exceed Joe Biden’s in recognition amongst tv viewers over the previous 40 years.
The Nielsen firm mentioned that 33.Eight million folks watched Biden’s inauguration over 17 tv networks between 10 a.m. and four p.m. final Wednesday.
Reagan’s festivities in 1981 drew 41.Eight million viewers, and Obama’s 2009 inaugural reached 37.Eight million, Nielsen mentioned.
Maybe most necessary to a former president identified to observe tv scores intently: Biden exceeded the 30.6 million who watched Donald Trump take workplace in 2017, Nielsen mentioned.
CNN was the most well-liked community for inaugural viewers, Nielsen mentioned. In the meantime, Fox Information’ viewers for Biden’s oath of workplace and inaugural deal with was down 77% from the community’s viewership for Trump.
RELATED: Jill Biden indicators she’ll be extra lively as first girl
RELATED: The Bidens’ canines, Champ and Main, have moved into the White Home
In the meantime, the professional soccer convention championship video games gathered folks round televisions in large numbers Sunday. Nielsen mentioned 44.Eight million folks noticed Tom Brady and his Tampa Bay Bucs qualify for the Tremendous Bowl, whereas 41.Eight million watched Kansas Metropolis beat Buffalo.
With the prime-time sport, CBS simply gained the week within the scores, averaging 10.four million viewers. ABC had 3.four million, Fox had 2.7 million, NBC had 2.5 million, Univision had 1.2 million, whereas Ion Tv and Telemundo every averaged 1.1 million viewers.
CNN led the cable networks, averaging 2.76 million viewers in prime time. MSNBC had 2.67 million, Fox Information Channel had 2.56 million, TNT had 1.19 million and HGTV had 1.1 million.
ABC’s “World Information Tonight” gained the night information scores race, hitting 10.1 million folks. NBC’s “Nightly Information” had 8.Three million and the “CBS Night Information” had 6.2 million.
For the week of Jan. 18-24, the highest 20 prime-time packages, their networks and viewerships:
- AFC Championship: Buffalo at Kansas Metropolis, CBS, 41.85 million.
- “NFL Publish-Recreation,” CBS, 17.88 million.
- “NCIS” (Tuesday, Eight p.m.), CBS, 9.64 million.
- “FBI,” CBS, 8.99 million.
- “NCIS” (Tuesday, 9 p.m.), CBS, 8.75 million.
- “Younger Sheldon,” CBS, 7.39 million.
- “911,” Fox, 7.2 million.
- “Presidential Inauguration” (9 p.m.), CNN, 7.08 million.
- “Blue Bloods,” CBS, 6.73 million.
- “Superstar Wheel of Fortune,” ABC, 6.Three million.
- “Presidential Inauguration” (Eight p.m.), CNN, 6.24 million.
- “The Neighborhood,” CBS, 6.09 million.
- “911: Lone Star,” Fox, 6.03 million.
- “Magnum, P.I., CBS, 5.86 million.
- “FBI: Most Wished,” CBS, 5.81 million.
- “Bob Hearts Abishola,” CBS, 5.56 million.
- “Presidential Inauguration” (10 p.m.), CNN, 5.31 million.
- “B Optimistic,” CBS, 5.06 million.
- “Mother,” CBS, 5.03 million.
- “The Bachelor,” ABC, 5.02 million.