“Your actions create an unprofessional and untenable work state of affairs on your co-workers and supervisors, and negatively impression the operation…”
CLEVELAND — On Friday night, the town of Cleveland introduced that it has terminated considered one of its dispatchers after a protracted historical past of violating the town’s insurance policies and procedures.
Charles McGeever was fired following an administrative predisciplinary listening to that was held final month to deal with the outcomes of inside investigations alleging that he had engaged in improper procedures and/or misconduct.
A take a look at the disciplinary letter supplied by the town reveals that McGeever was cited with 16 separate violations of the code of conduct of Cleveland’s Bureau of Communications and the town’s Mission Assertion and Ethics Coverage. The infractions occurred beginning in November of 2018 and continued into 2020.
WARNING: A few of the beneath data incorporates specific language.
A few of the specs againt McGeever that have been cited embrace:
- Referring to co-workers as “ghetto bitches”
- McGeever repeatedly utilizing his cellular phone whereas on obligation, in some instances with inmates of the Cuyahoga County Jail whereas actively dispatching.
- Abusing sick time
- Insubordinate, discourteous, impolite and offensive conduct and language towards his superior officer
- Conduct that’s unbecoming a member of the division
- Utilizing inappropriate, unprofessional, disparaging and offensive remarks over the dispatch radio
- Absent from obligation with out depart (AWOL) by not reporting to work as scheduled and never notifying his supervisor of the rationale for the absence
“Your actions create an unprofessional and untenable work state of affairs on your co-workers and supervisors, and negatively impression the operation of the Communications Management Part. Based mostly on the foregoing, you might be hereby terminated from employment with the Metropolis of Cleveland, Division of Public Security, Division of Police efficient December 4, 2020,” wrote Cleveland Division of Security Director Karrie Howard within the termination letter to McGeever.
You possibly can learn all the letter beneath.
Editor’s Observe: The beneath press convention came about on December 3, 2020