Home » Dominion sues Trump-friendly broadcasters over fraud claims
General News

Dominion sues Trump-friendly broadcasters over fraud claims



The suits filed Tuesday name Newsmax, One America News, their executives and the former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne.

Vote-counting machine maker Dominion Voting Systems is filing defamation lawsuits against right-wing broadcasters and a prominent Donald Trump ally over their baseless claims that the 2020 election was marred by fraud.

The suits filed Tuesday name Newsmax, One America News, their executives and the former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne.

Dominion says their false claims that the company rigged the election for President Joe Biden have cost it $1.6 billion in lost profits, company value and reputational damage.

“We are filing these three cases today because the defendants named show no remorse, nor any sign they intend to stop spreading disinformation,” Dominion CEO John Poulos said in a statement.

OAN founder Charles Herring did not respond to a message seeking comment.

A spokesman for Newsmax says the lawsuit is an attempt to squelch its reporting.

Byrne responded with a graphic that did not address the allegations.

Dominion filed defamation suits earlier this year against Fox News and Trump allies Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow.



Source link

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *