When it comes to PC games, Minecraft is one of the most popular ones. It’s been nearly a decade but this game has shown no signs of slowing down. Speaking of Minecraft, the game is available in different versions. The two most popular versions include the Bedrock Edition and the Java Edition. But in this post, we are only concerned about the Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC .The Bedrock Edition was released for consoles. However, it also forms the base for Minecraft Pocket Edition which is available on handheld devices.
The game was included in the Microsoft Store after Mojang and the franchise was acquired by Microsoft.
Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Minecraft Bedrock Edition for window 10 is probably the best version of the game. This mode was launched for console users.
The Bedrock Edition has everything that you love about this game. It also has more features than the Java Edition. To play Minecraft on Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo Switch, you need to download the Bedrock Edition.
Just like any other popular game, Minecraft is also a paid game. You need to buy the Bedrock Edition from the Microsoft Store. But if you are looking for steps to download it for free on your PC, you are in the right place. Let’s find out how it’s done.
Steps To Download Minecraft Bedrock Edition On PC For Free
Well, there are three ways to download the Bedrock Edition for free. To help you out, we have explained each of the methods below. That being said, now let’s walk you through the details.
Method 1: Downloading Bedrock Edition on PC
- At first, open your web browser from your computer and visit the official site of Mojang i.e. www.mojang.com.
- Once the site opens, locate the account button on the homepage and click on it.
- Click on the Login option shown on the screen.
- Now provide your correct email and password and click LOGIN.
- Tap on the Redeem button below Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Windows 10.
- This will take you directly to the Microsoft store.
- Click on the Redeem button there.
- Select the option go to Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Windows 10.
- Next, you need to start the game by pressing the Open button.
Method 2: Using Bedrock Edition on Xbox One
Before we proceed with this method, make sure that you have a copy of classic Minecraft.
- Open Xbox with the game.
- Click on the Store tab and scroll right to the Store tab and press A on your controller.
- Select search and press A.
- Now type the name of the game Minecraft.
- Press the three horizontal lines icon visible on the screen.
- Now select Minecraft and press A.
- Select the option Get and click A.
- This will start the download process. Wait for it to install successfully.
Method 3: Using Demo
Here is what you have to do:
- First, visit the official Minecraft website from your web browser.
- Click on the three horizontal lines displayed on the top right corner of the home page.
- Now select the Trial option.
- Click on the download button. This will start the download. You need to wait for the installation process to get over.
- Once the game is installed in your system, you can open it.
- You will be asked to provide your Minecraft account information.
- After you enter the details, you can play the demo version of the game for 100 minutes.
So these are the three methods following which you can play Minecraft Bedrock Edition free on your PC. These methods cannot get you the game for free for a lifetime, but at least you can play it for free for a few days. This will give you the time to decide whether you want the Bedrock or the Java Edition.
Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Windows 10) System Requirements
Minecraft Bedrock Edition is a very basic game. Unlike other heavy games, it doesn’t have any big requirements. To give you an idea we have laid down the requirements for Windows 10. If you are using a Windows 10 OS, you should check out the pointers below.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 41.6 GHz/AMD Athlon XP 1600+
- System memory: 500 MB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 or AMD Radeon HD 3200
- Storage: 1 GB HDD space
- DirectX 8 compatible graphics card
Minecraft Bedrock Edition is any day better than the Java version. However, if you are still confused about choosing between the two, you should check out the Bedrock version for free. All you have to do is follow the methods explained above. Minecraft Bedrock Edition comes with more cool features and other exciting things.