Crewmates complete tasks in the Upside Down, and Impostors take the role of the Mind Flayer and Demogorgon in the Stranger Things Among Us mod.
It seems crossover mods that bring popular characters into the Among Us universe as crewmates or Impostors are the next major trend, and a new mod opens a portal from the Skeld to the Upside Down from Stranger Things. The Stranger Things mod for Among Us allows the Impostor to transform into one of three monsters from Stranger Things: the Mind Flayer, Demogorgon, and Demodogs. If other Among Us Impostor Role mods have caused the Impostor to become overpowered, the Stranger Things mod might just be the most overpowered to exist so far. Crewmates can try to complete tasks, but more than likely they will simply need to run, hide, and try to stay alive long enough to figure out who the monster is.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Each of the three monstrous transformations in the Stranger Things Among Us mod come with new abilities for the Impostor to use in addition to the usual Kill and Sabotage abilities. Some of these allow the Impostor to kill from anywhere on the map, while others allow the Impostor to appear as their crewmate sprite, running around the map, but actually be controlling a massive creature. Thankfully, crewmates are not entirely powerless and can use Upside Down portals found around the map to get to tasks more quickly and evade the Impostor. While this mod all but guarantees an Impostor win, it can be fun to see how long crewmates can survive against such a powerful entity. Here’s how to play the Stranger Things mod in Among Us.
How to Play as the Mind Flayer, Demogorgon, and Demodogs in Among Us
The Among Us Stranger Things Role Mod was programmed by @LooKuM / MRE for SSundee and his friends and is currently not available for public download. Players may have luck getting into a game that uses this mod by joining a server that has it installed. Players can also always try their hand at programming a version. It is also possible that, given its popularity, other modders will eventually program a version of this mod and make it available for wider use.
When a crewmate becomes the Impostor in the Among Us Stranger Things mod, they have the choice to transform into the Mind Flayer, Demogorgon, or Demodogs. Each creature comes with unique abilities to sabotage and kill crewmates, which appear below:
Mind Flayer Abilities
- Death Watch: The Mind Flayer gathers all the crewmates and the Impostor’s crewmate sprite together at the top of the map and devours one crewmate at random while everyone else must watch, frozen and helpless to do anything against it.
- Crush: The Mind Flayer punctures the floor with a limb and grabs an unsuspecting crewmate, thrashing them around wildly. When the animation finishes, a crewmate’s corpse, complete with a puncture wound, is left behind on the ground. Though this is technically a dead body, it will not allow crewmates to report.
- Mist: The Mind Flayer creates a mist that envelopes the whole map and prevents crewmates from seeing anything for 10 seconds.
- Shriek: The Demogorgon lets out its signature shrieking sound and jumps at crewmates’ screens, stunning them for a moment. When they can move again, all crewmates’ key bindings have been reversed for a few seconds, making it more difficult to move properly.
- Feed: The Demogorgon can use its long tongue to reach anywhere on the map, grab a crewmate, and eat them.
- Hunt Down: The Demodog creates idle copies of itself and selects a target from a list of crewmate colors. One of the Demodog copies will attack the selected crewmate and drag them off the map to kill them, while the Impostor as Demodog can continue moving freely.
The Impostor will also still be able to sabotage and will likely find the Reactor, Doors, and Lights sabotages are best when combined with these abilities.
Unfortunately for crewmates, when any of the kill abilities are used, there will be no dead body for crewmates to report. The only way for crewmates to stop the attacks and vote out a suspected Impostor is to use the Emergency button. It is also difficult for crewmates to deduce who the Impostor is when playing using the Stranger Things mod for Among Us, as there are many ways for the Impostor to make a kill as a Demodog or the Mind Flayer while their sprite runs around and gets seen trying to survive with the other crewmates. With so many ways to develop an alibi, the Impostor can remain virtually undetected the entire game, rendering crewmate Emergency Meetings useless except to get a few seconds of a break from the action.
As in a typical Among Us game, the only way for crewmates to win is to complete all tasks before the Mind Flayer, Demogorgon, and Demodogs kill everyone, or to figure out who the Impostor is, call an Emergency Meeting, and vote them out. This can be tricky if not outright impossible to do, so players should go into a match understanding it is more about surviving as long as possible to make the Impostor work for their win. Crewmates should take advantage of the portals around the map to get to their tasks more quickly or evade a Demogorgon or Demodog when they see one.
Players can see the Stranger Things mod used in a real Among Us match in SSundee’s video below:
Next: What Among Us’ Five Nights At Freddy’s Mod Is (& Is It Scary)
Among Us is available for Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android.
PewDiePie Fans Confuse Themselves Over Pokémon Anime “Easter Egg”
About The Author