The Netflix Kodi add-on provides you an easy way to access Netflix’s catalog of TV series and movies directly on Kodi. This particular add-on is not created or offered by Netflix, but it comes with many great features because of which many people are using it. Some of the best features of this add-on are library integration, access to multiple profiles, watched status synchronization, recommendations, high-resolution playback, and much more.
If you are looking for steps to install Netflix addon on Kodi, you are in the right place. In this post, we will provide you a step-by-step guide to the entire process.
How To Install Install Netflix Addon on Kodi
Before we move onto the steps, there are a few important things we need to discuss. The Netflix add-on available for Kodi is legal provided that you are using your existing Netflix subscription. To make this process work, you need to use the latest version of Kodi which is 18 Leia.
In case you are using an outdated version of Kodi make sure you update it first. The good thing about this add-on is that it is supported by all Kodi-compatible devices except AppleTV. This is because tvOS doesn’t completely support Kodi 18 yet.
Now that we have discussed all the important points, let us get to the steps. We have explained each of the steps in detail for easy understanding.
- The first thing you need to do is enable Unknown Sources on your Kodi.
- In the next step, you need to download the CastagnaIT repository which comes as a ZIP file. Make sure you download the file from a reliable website.
- Now launch Kodi and go to the main menu. Locate the option Add-Ons and click on it. Next click on the option ‘Open Box’ icon located in the top-left corner, below the app’s logo.
- Click on the option ‘Install from ZIP file’ and then go to the downloaded file.
- Once you locate the file, click on it to install the add-on.
- Select the option ‘Install from Repository’ and go to CastagnaIT Repository then Video Add-ons and then to Netflix. Click on the ‘Install’ button to complete the process.
- Now open the Netflix add-on on Kodi. You will be asked to provide your password and email. Once you provide the details you will get to see your Netflix library.
Note: When playing a video for the first time, the system may ask you to install two other repositories. The good thing is it will happen automatically, so you don’t have to do much. Once both the repositories are installed, agree to the terms of and you will get to see the screen.
Well, that’s all you have to do to install the Netflix add-on on Kodi. All it takes is just 7 simple steps to complete the process. But make sure that you are following all the steps correctly.
Before you start with the installation steps, you should give this section a read.
- If you think using third-party Kodi add-ons is safe and legal, then you are wrong.
2. In case you weren’t aware, third-party Kodi add-ons are known as ‘illegal Kodi add-ons.’ These are unofficial add-ons that allow you to stream and watch copyrighted content from illegal sources like torrent repositories. For those who have an idea, they will know that this process of streaming is not legal or safe.
3. This is why you are required to be cautious or else you will end up getting caught. If that happens, you will have to face consequences and even pay huge fines. If you don’t want that to happen, it’s better to not use such third-party Kodi add-ons.
4. However, if you are still determined to use third-party Kodi add-ons, we will suggest you use a reliable VPN service. This will allow you to access it safely without exposing your identity or IP address.
Reasons to use A VPN Service While Getting Third Part Kodi Add-Ons:
- It will help hide your IP address and protect your identity online.
- Fight against ISP-imposed throttling.
- It will keep you safe from falling into legal troubles. A VPN service will make sure that you don’t get caught.
- It can unblock all kinds of geo-restricted Kodi add-ons in your area or country.
- Lastly, it can bypass sports-related blackouts as well.
Installing Netflix add-ons on Kodi could be a troublesome process. But with these steps, you should be good to go. Once you complete the process, you will be able to access Netflix movies and TV shows directly on your Kodi.
If you were unable to install Netflix add-ons on Kodi, we hope this article could provide what you were looking for. Make sure you download a VPN service before proceeding with the steps.