Finally, the leap day or leap day is here after four years of wait. Whether it’s your birthday or your wedding anniversary, you would be excited to celebrate this leap year or leap day 2020 with more pleasant way. Therefore, here we came with some leap year funny facts you would love to know!
To keep the calendar in a perfect manner to balance the time, humanity added an extra day into our calendar year, and February 29 is the day of leap day we are grace with. So Without an extra day on February 29 nearly every four years, we would lose almost six hours every year. Let’s check out some leap year fun facts 2020.
Leap Day, Leap Year 2020 Funny Facts
- Not every day is really 24 hours as Earth takes 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds to rotate through 360°.
- There are about 1 in 1500 the chances of being born on leap day.
- Leap year divided evenly by 4, so So 2000 and 2400 are leap years, but 1800, 1900, 2100, 2200 and 2300 are not.
- The Earth completing one revolution around the Sun doesn’t add up to a calendar year.
- Leap year was first introduced in 1582 by Gregorian Calendar, named after Pope Gregory XIII. But after that, it replaced the old Julian Calendar by Julius Caesar that only has one rule of a leap year every fourth year, and is now about 13 days behind our current date.
- After some year, we will have to change our calendar again.
- What if there were no leap years? If the same question roaming on your mind then let me tell you that if we didn’t have leap years then after 100 years out calendars would be off by 25 days.
- After four million years, leap days will be not require
- There are many urban legends about leap year as some consider it bad luck to get married and some believe that if a woman proposes a man and he refused, then he should give some gift to her.
So there were some of the great fun facts of leap year or leap day that you should know. If you know any other funny new yea fact that we missed here, then feel free to share with us in the comment box.