Home » Mickey Callaway investigation: Indians didn’t commit violations
General News

Mickey Callaway investigation: Indians didn’t commit violations



Cleveland Indians owner Paul Dolan said that MLB’s investigation into former pitching coach Mickey Callaway didn’t find the team committed any violations.

CLEVELAND — Editor’s note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.

Shortly after Major League Baseball announced that it was placing Mickey Callaway on its ineligible list through at least the 2022 season, Cleveland Indians owner Paul Dolan released a statement regarding the investigation into his team’s former pitching coach.

RELATED: More Cleveland Indians coverage from WKYC

And while Dolan said that the investigation didn’t find that the Indians had committed any violations, he stated that his team remained committed to improving its workplace environment:

“While we were not provided with details of the report or of individual experiences or accounts, there was no finding against the Cleveland Indians related to the Callaway matter. At the same time, the information the Commissioner’s Office shared reinforces our own conclusion that we did not do enough as an organization to create an environment where people felt comfortable reporting the inappropriate conduct they experienced or witnessed.

“We have contracted with an external expert with extensive experience related to workplace culture and reporting practices to help strengthen the organization. We are dedicated to ensuring this work remains an ongoing organizational priority and look forward to working with them on best practices for education, training and reporting to accelerate our progress in these areas.”

MLB’s investigation into Callaway began in February after The Athletic published an article detailing allegations of inappropriate behavior toward women by Callaway during his time as the Indians’ pitching coach (2013-17) and New York Mets manager (2018-19). One month later, a new report from The Athletic detailed additional allegations against Callaway during his time in Cleveland and seemed to contradict Indians President Chris Antonetti’s comments that the initial report marked the first time he had been aware of allegations again Callaway.

Following the second report, Antonetti said that he would address the matter following the conclusion of the investigation.

“We are fully cooperating with the investigation,” Antonetti said in March. “As many of you who were on the call when the first Athletic article surfaced, I answered every question I could at that point in time until there were none left. I am hopeful that there will be a time when I can again do that. Unfortunately, today is not that day, again, due to the investigation that is ongoing.”

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Angels officially fired Callaway, who had been serving as their pitching coach and was on leave throughout the 2021 season.



Source link

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *