CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Fire is cleaning up a nitric acid spill at Cleveland State University today, according to officials in charge.
Crews were called to East 24th Street on CSU’s campus around 12:30 p.m. for reports of a chemical spill that needed neutralization.
According to Lt. Mike Norman with Cleveland Fire, HazMat officers were dispatched after half a gallon of nitric acid was spilled in a closed classroom. At this time, officials believe that the spill was an accident related to cleaning.
No injuries have been reported at this time and crews continue to work to safely neutralize the acid and ventilate the room.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.