The Leapfrog Hospital Security Grades have a look at issues like hospital errors, infections and accidents. Sixteen native amenities simply earned “A” grades.
CLEVELAND — Editors Observe: The above video initially aired on Dec. 12.
With coronavirus circumstances and hospitalizations surging all through Ohio, hospital security is on the entrance of many individuals’s minds. Based on the Leapfrog Group, greater than 400,000 folks die yearly as a result of hospital issues of safety, like infections or accidents.
In the present day, greater than 13 Northeast Ohio hospitals acquired “A” grades — the very best mark — from their nationwide hospital security survey. Of these, 9 are Cleveland Clinic hospitals. These hospitals are:
- Cleveland Clinic Akron Basic Medical Heart — Akron
- Cleveland Clinic Basis — Cleveland
- Cleveland Clinic Well being System – Euclid Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Well being System – Fairview Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Well being System – Hilcrest Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Well being System – Marymount Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Well being System – South Pointe Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Union Hospital in Dover
- Ashtabula County Medical Heart
- Mercy Well being Lorain Hospital
- Western Reserve Hospital in Cuyahoga Falls
- Summa Well being, Barberton Campus
- Mercy Medical Heart, Canton
- College Hospitals Samaritan Medical Heart, Ashland
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
- Fisher-Titus Medical Heart, Norwalk
RELATED: Cleveland Clinic physician who appeared on Howard Stern additionally talks to 3News: ‘On daily basis, I do know I’m going to should put a number of folks on ventilators’
One different Clinic hospital in Florida additionally acquired an “A” grade, whereas Avon Hospital, Lutheran Hospital and Medina Hospital all acquired “B” grades. Two Clinic amenities in Florida acquired “C”s. No hospital in Ohio acquired a failing grade.
The survey grades 5 important classes — infections, issues with surgical procedure, practices to forestall errors, security issues and employees — after which bases their marks off of information from Facilities for Medicare & Medicaid Providers (CMS), the Leapfrog Hospital Survey and knowledge from different supplemental information sources.
You’ll be able to see a full checklist of native and nationwide hospital grades right here.